This week I celebrated my 27th birthday, and like every other birthday, after the balloons have shrivelled down to a sad oblivion, the cake’s been decimated, I end up feeling a bit… “OMG, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?” A mini birthday-induced existential crisis.
So rather than eating my feelings, with added chocolate and ice cream and peanut butter, and hiding in bed for a week, as is my typical MO, I thought I’d be positive and do a little post about what I’d like to achieve before my 28th birthday, some hopes, some predictions. Ya know the drill. This year has been a total rollercoaster for my family, health scares, my son doing exceptionally well at school, I had a breakdown in the summer – ending up in hospital, changing my medication several times. 2014 has been a year of flux, of change – and now I’m in a better place, I’m able to appreciate that the majority of it has been positive. In a round about way.
Five things I predict / would like to achieve before my 28th birthday. Let’s do this.
- Losing weight, being more active. Possibly the cliché of the resolutions type of deal, but I am actually well on the way to my goal. I hope (and am quietly confident) that by this time next year, I’ll have reached my target.
- Working out where I’m going. I know it’s a myth that anyone really, truly knows what on earth they’re doing with their lives, but I’d like at least a tiny inkling of where I’m heading. Spending the last four years in a state of shock, living with my partner’s illness, caring for him, my own mental state going rapidly downhill. Now I’m coming to a point I feel I’m able to look forward, and working out what I want to do now seems possible.
- Do more of what makes me happy. Write. Read. Improve my blog, take it as far as I can.
- I don’t know why, but I’ve got the feeling 2015 is going to be a good one. My depression usually blocks out any trace of positivity, but recently I’ve been able to feel it creeping back. I’m dealing with problems better. And I’m not saying next year I’m going to get a six figure book deal, or climb a mountain, but maybe I won’t spend 50% of the year hiding in bed. I’d quite like to see if my gut holds any truth, and have been looking at The Circle, a psychic website which offers tarot readings, mediums, psychic predictions et al – you can read how it all works and which psychic reading is for you here. I’d love to have a little insight in what’s in store for me, or what I can do to achieve my goals.
- Take it easy on myself. I have a habit of apologising for everything, even things that are entirely out of my control. I’m hard on myself. I beat myself up because I can’t do XY or Z due to my depression and anxiety. I need to stop that. Be kind to myself, and finally start to heal years worth of struggle.
That’s my lot. That was pretty therapeutic, I should totally do this more regularly. What would be your aims / hopes or predictions be for your next year? I’d love to know!
Disclosure: The Circle have given me a £70 voucher to treat myself to something to reach my goals as I’ve written about above.